PM Modi speaks about his life with Actor Akshay Kumar
In a conversation between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Akshay Kumar, the PM shared a light moment with the actor and spoke about his likes and life in general. Dubbed a "non-political interview", short teasers of the interaction were released to the media on Tuesday. Here are the things PM Modi shared with Akshay Kumar:
Here are 10 things PM Modi shared with Akshay Kumar:
1. I never thought I'd become the Prime Minister. A common person doesn't think that. The kind of background I come from, even if I got a simple job, my mother would have been distributing ladoos to neighbors.
2. I never had a bank account earlier. When I was in school, people from Dena Bank came and gave us a piggy bank. I never had enough money. Later, the bank officials tracked me and they wanted to close the account due to inactivity. Thirty-two years later, they told me I had an account since childhood. When I became chief minister, the salary used to get credit. I told them I wanted to give away the money, they tried to dissuade me, saying I had cases against me and I might need it, but I insisted I wanted to give Rs. 21 lakh from the bank account to people in need.
3. I was quite a wanderer. I found answers to my own questions. I have been on my own since I was very young. That led to a feeling of detachment. Later, even if I called my mother to live with me, she wanted to spend time in her village. Also, I didn't get enough time to spend with her.
4. I don't get angry easily. But it's a part of human nature. These are emotions that just spread negativity. Right from the time I began my career, I have never had an opportunity to express anger.
5. There's a difference between anger and being strict. You just have to ensure discipline at times.
6. Whenever I got overwhelmed with emotions, I would write it all on paper. Then I would analyze it. This helped me realize my own mistakes. But of course, I no longer have that much time. This is how I trained myself to respond to situations.
7. People will be surprised and I should not say this in the election season, but Mamata didi sends me gifts every year. She still sends me one or two kurtas that she picks herself a year.
8. I follow you (Akshay Kumar) and Twinkle Khanna ji on Twitter. From the way she targets me, I understand there must be peace in your family life. All her anger must have been spent on me, and so you must be feeling at peace.
9. I have always been inspired by Mahatma Gandhi ji. Cleanliness is also important to promote tourism. Also, the construction of nine crore toilets is the nation's achievement, not mine.
10. I also read (Twitter posts) and have fun. I enjoy them (memes). I look less at Modi; I look at the creativity. The biggest benefit of social media to me is that I can understand the common man's thoughts.